Friday, December 11, 2009

Eliminate snap preview on wordpress blog

Articles wordpress. Maybe snap preview is one of the most annoying thing on the web page. What I mean by snap preview is a preview or thumbnail images that appear when you point your mouse or your cursor to a link on that page. This is very disturbing to me and more severity of this facility is the default in wordpress blog.

Why snap facility is very disturbing preview of your website visitors, I noticed the following things that cause me to feel disturbed by the snap preview:
  • Thumbnail appears without any control from the user. suddenly appear when we move the mouse and accidentally were on a link that does not want us to open.
  • Thumbnails are not shown up so help me to capture the purpose of the page. Perhaps because the text or small images, so the content becomes blurred.
  • There is no option for visitors to disable or remove this facility when visiting a website.
  • Kalo snap instead of a preview made will disturb the page. Because we really want to focus on our pages are open.
With so many reasons why I really do not like this, so I tried to remove this facility. because I think in addition to disturbing the user activity is also due to burden your browser.

For that I am trying to find in the wordpress settings on how to remove or disable Snap preview on wordpress blog. And I found it in the Presentation or Design on a new version of wordpress.

Here are the steps you can take to disable Snap preview on wordpress blog:
  • Go to your Wordpress admin pages.
  • Then search Presentation> Extras or to a new version of wordpress you can find this menu in the Design> Extras.
  • Uncheck the option "Enable Snap Shots on this blog"
  • Then press the "Update Extras"
With the steps above then the snap preview will disappear from your wordpress blog. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment